Friday, November 7, 2008

Falling into Freedom

Flock’s Fall Flight Their upward surge was sudden The lift so strong I felt pulled toward the heavens I too am so powerfully drawn Toward winging out of town And leaving all that was of another season Both constricting and beloved Behind me Finding the winds of hope That answer my persisting lust for freedom The V assists the flock The strongest leading with No judgment of those at the back Gliding on the strength of those before them The year I turned 50 My daughter told me that without My lead My courage When it came time for her to take flight To take her place at the front She could not have My time to head the V is past I flew already against so many headwinds And now would rather glide But not alone. Lisa E. Paige Copyrighted Material November 2008

No comments: